Tuesday, October 1, 2013

More thoughts about my pacing strategy for Lungstrong

Over at Science-Based Running, I've written an explanation of why I think my pacing strategy for the Lungstrong 15K didn't work. Here's a taste:

That’s what happened during my 15k. The slowest downhill sections were also the longest downhill sections (which makes some sense, since those hills weren’t as steep). Instead of averaging 6:11 on those hills, when I take the length of the hills into account, I actually averaged 6:21! Put that together with my 6:31 pace for my uphills, account for the fact that I ran a longer distance downhill than uphill, and you arrive at my 6:25 average pace, which wasn’t fast enough to overcome my GPS error.

Head on over there to read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment